We, at Hudson Community Baptist Church, hold up five key priorities that we strive to exercise with the help of the Holy Spirit in our lives. We aim to exalt God, to communicate the gospel, to form caring relationships, to grow more like Christ, and to serve others.
- We exalt God when we hail Him as Lord and King of our lives and when we follow Him as our Saviour. It is vital to our Christian walks to grow in our personal relationship with Him by reading our Bibles daily, studying His Word, praying, and obeying His Word. We seek to teach our children God’s Word and the values found within. Attending church regularly for advancement in knowledge and the encouragement within the body of believers, along with regularly observing the Lord’s table, is also important to God’s exaltation. (Hebrews 10:23-25; John 3:16; 2 Corinthians 13:3-5; Galatians 1:6-9; Psalm 1; 1 Peter 1:13-16; 1 Corinthians 11).
- We aim to communicate the gospel by sharing our faith in Jesus Christ with our neighbours, friends, and family and by inviting them to attend our church. Whoever visits our church is always welcome to stay after services for coffee, snacks, and great conversation. We pray for our church’s growth spiritually and numerically. In addition, we support missionaries in various countries. (1 Thessalonians 1:1-3; Luke 14:23; Matthew 28:19-20; Romans 15:7; Matthew 9: 37-38).
- We are passionate about forming caring relationships and being unified in Christ. Praying for each other, helping each other in sickness and in distress, refusing to speak ill of others or listen to such things, reconciling when conflict arises, and following our leaders—these are the many ways we show the love of Christ (Romans 14:19; Acts 2:42-47; John 13:34-35; Ephesians 4:29; Matthew 5:21-26, 18:15-20; Ephesians 4:26-27; Hebrews 13:17).
- We want to grow in Christ-like character by following Jesus every day of our lives by studying His Word, refraining from defiling the body which is the temple of the Holy Spirit, and being accountable for any ongoing sinful patterns (Mark 8:34-37; 2 Timothy 3:14-4:4; 2 Peter 1:5-10; Philippians 1:27; Matthew 18:15-18; 1 Corinthians 5:9-13; Galatians 6:1-2).
- Lastly, we are active in serving others by discovering our gifts and talents and using them in church ministries, helping relieve the poor, and giving back a portion of our financial blessings for the support of the church’s ministry (1 Corinthians 16:2; Leviticus 27:30; 2 Corinthians 9: 6-15; 1 Peter 4:10; Ephesians 4:11-12; Philippians 2:3-4,7).
HCBC is a part of The Fellowship, a movement of over 500 Evangelical Baptist churches in Canada — united through our faith in Christ working nationally and beyond our borders.